worcestercitycentrecottage provides quality, unique, self-catering holiday accommodation in the heart of the City of Worcester. The property, located within the remains of the old medieval city walls, is a Grade 2 listed building on a pedestrianised street dating from the Georgian period and is set in a conservation area adjacent to Worcester Cathedral. The composer Sir Edward Elgar, whose works include Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 (Land of Hope and Glory) and the Enigma Variations, lived here as a child in Victorian times.
The house is presented over 4 floors, so please make sure it suits your requirements.
The lower ground floor kitchen diner is fully-equipped with all mod cons and everything you are likely to need during your stay, including a range cooker, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, washer/dryer, iron/ironing board and a comprehensive range of cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. Access to an enclosed rear courtyard affords guests an opportunity to sit outside and barbeque; weather permitting!
The living area is located on the ground floor and has comfortable seating comprising of one 3-seater sofa, one 2-seater sofa, and an armchair and footstool, all in french gray upholstery. A wood-burning stove provides the focal point of the room. A modern flat screen TV with Freeview, Blu-ray DVD player and DVD selection, together with Wi-Fi are provided. A large oak coffee-style table made of reclaimed oak from a Worcestershire flour mill is perfect for playing cards, board games or simple resting that glass of wine on, whilst relaxing in front of the fire.
The first floor master bedroom is a large well-appointed room, with a king sized bed and commands views to the stained glass east window of the cathedral. There is one sofa and two chairs is this room, affording some privacy away from the main living area if required. A hairdryer and alarm clock is provided in the main bedroom. On the same floor is a separate toilet.
The shower room is on the second floor and has a modern shower, high-flush toilet and pedestal wash basin. There is no bath. Adjacent to it are bedrooms 2 and 3. The former has two single divan style beds and the latter has one 4ft divan bed (this is a small double bed). Both bedrooms have views to the cathedral.
There are ample storage facilities in all the bedrooms.
- All quality cotton bed linen and towels are provided for the duration of your stay. 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel for each guest. For guests staying more than 1 week, the cottage can be cleaned and new linen and towels etc. provided as required.
- Heating, lighting and your first basket of logs.
- WiFi throughout.
- Freeview channels on the TV.
- Blu-ray DVD player, DVD and CD selection.
- A range of board games. A pack of cards.
- A selection of books and local interest publications, maps and magazines.
- A few essentials. Tea, coffee, a pint of milk as a minimum.
- Permit parking free on adjacent streets subject to availability.
- A travel cot and high chair can be made available by arrangement at time of booking.
- A free guided walking tour of Historic Worcester: just ask!
Please be sure to read our Health & Safety information.